I am including some good breakfast recipes for you so that you can have a good idea on what types of food are recommended for people with Diabetes.
The following category is for breakfast meals.
BAKED APPLE AND BANANA OATMEAL
Made especially heart-healthy with the use of canola oil, which is rich in omega-3 fat and is a good source of vitamin E.
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
- You can substitute berries for the apple if you prefer.
- 2 cups rolled oats 500 mL
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder 7 mL
- 1 tsp cinnamon 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk 250 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or brown sugar 75 mL
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract 4 mL
- canola oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In large bowl, mix together oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in apples and banana; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, canola oil, maple syrup or brown sugar and vanilla extract. Pour over dry mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Spray 8- x 8-inch (20- x 20-cm) baking dish with canola oil spray. Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.