I am adding links to websites that cover this topic because I feel it is important to really make a good decision, based on money, how sick the cat is, and more. I have my own personal feeling about this subject and if you have read my most recent article, you will get a good idea of where I stand.
This page is offers some links that give information and advice regarding treating or not.
- Are You Considering Euthanasia For Your Diabetic Cat?
- Insulin? I’d Rather Euthanize My Cat Than Go There (and Other Stressful Diabetic Cat Encounters) by Dr. Patty Khuly
- Diabetes in Cats Part 2 – Things you should know about diagnosis & treatment
The next link is related to a dog owner but it still very relevant.
- Doctor, You Aren’t Listening to Me… What if I Do Nothing?
- When is it “Time” to Euthanize
- How we came to euthanize our diabetic cat pica
- Ask Elizabeth: Is it Time to Say Good-By
All of these links give different perspectives and information and viewpoints. If you know of a link and want to add it here let me know so I can update the list.